Photo Credit: PARAMOUNT / THE KOBAL COLLECTION
When you’re lying in bed littered with tissues sporting a Rudolph nose, this list will help keep the inevitable boredom at bay.
- Watching a movie is an obvious sick day event -- deciding which one is the hard part. But don’t worry, you can have Jinni do all of the work for you. Jinni enables you to search for movies by whatever mood, plot, style, raves or reviews. You can even search by what type of movie source (Netflix, HBO, etc.) Having a movie-thon has never been so easy.
- Or, if you don’t feel like watching an entire movie, watch some short films. You’ll be addicted.
- Check out The Bored Ninja for cool random content around the web. It has videos, games, pictures, gifs, and fun facts -- everything from funny newspaper headlines to pictures of seagulls stealing people’s food (because it’s funny as long as it’s not happening to you).
- Go through “Dear Blank, Please Blank” -- a site full of commentators who just wanted to tell someone something. You’d be surprised at how many you can relate to and how many will make you laugh -- some examples: “How Dare They” and “You’re A Douche.”
- Since you’re already feeling crappy, check out FML. It’s a constantly updated website full of people’s greatest “F*ck My Life.” Always good to commiserate.
- Click around on “You Had One Job,” a hilarious website full of photos of people who can’t seem to do anything right.
- Check out When Parents Text -- think: awkward auto corrects, generational misunderstandings, technology fails.
- Take a stroll down memory lane. “Timehop” is an app on iTunes that helps you sort through your old photos on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, Flickr and your camera roll. Pretty cool. Plus, a new study found that going back in time can actually help you be more optimistic about the future. You will not die!
- Give that super cute mani design you’ve been wanting to try a test run -- you have plenty of time to perfect it. If you need inspiration, check out Pinterest or Instagram. Our favorite people to follow: PopSugar, Ashlee Sara Jones, Daily Makeover, Kirsty George
- Go on Wonder How To.com for ridiculous how-to pranks, or at the very least to watch videos of them.
- If you’re looking for something more stimulating? Go on PopCap. They have hundreds of free games you can play.
- Adorable animal pictures. Need I say more? Cuteoverload.com is exactly that.
- Read through “Literally Unbelievable,” a blog showcasing articles from “The Onion” and how they were interpreted by people on Facebook (hint: they took them literally and it’s unbelievable).
- Download the Songza app. It offers pre-made, mood-based playlists created by music professionals. Literally, zero energy required.