Photo Credit: FamilyFun Birthday Cakes
What you’ll need:
- 2 loaf pans
- box of cake mix
- assorted candies: Good & Plenty, gumdrops, peach rings and Spree
- black rope licorice
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- yellow food coloring
- 2 big, round chocolate-covered cookies
- 2 thin, striped paper straws
How to make it:
1. Bake the cakes in the pans as directed on the box. After they cool, put them together with some vanilla frosting in the middle, to create one large cake.
2. Mix the other container of vanilla frosting with yellow food coloring. Frost the entire cake. Save some frosting for the piping bag.
3. Place chocolate cookies on the sides of the cake to make speakers.
4. Use the rope licorice on the edges of the cake. Arrange the other candies to look like knobs and buttons.
5. To finish, attach the two straws on top of the cake to create the antenna.
Instructions adapted with permission from FamilyFun Birthday Cakes, by Deanna F. Cook