Photo Credit: Easy Cut-Up Cakes for Kids
What you’ll need:
- Cake mix
- Square pan
- Orange frosting
- White frosting
- 1 tube of black frosting
- A mini Oreo
- A brown M&M
How to make it:
1. Follow the cake mix directions on the box, baking it in a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Let it sit for 10 minutes after it’s finished baking. Flip it upside down and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Once it’s completely cooled, cut out the corners of the cake to create a fish shape. Use the extra pieces for the fins.
4. Frost the cake with orange frosting.
5. Put white frosting into a plastic zipper bag. Poke a hole in one of the corners of the bag and squeeze frosting through the hole to create designs. Use a zig zag motion to draw in white stripes.
6. With your black tube frosting, decorate your cake by putting the frosting along the outside lines of the white stripes. Draw lines along the fins as well, and the tail, and also draw a smiling face.
7. Take a mini Oreo, open it, and use the cream side as an eye. Place a brown M&M on it for the pupil.
Instructions adapted with permission from Easy Cut-Up Cakes for Kids by Melissa Barlow