Photo Credit: What's New Cupcake?
What you’ll need:
-Vanilla cake mix
-20 cupcake liners
-Yellow food coloring
-Orange fruit chews
-Mini brown candies
How to make it:
1. Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the cake mix box.
2. Tint the frosting with yellow food coloring. Spread some frosting onto each cupcake.
3. Place a doughnut hole on one side of the top of each cupcake, to create a head.
4. Cut the marshmallows in half and arrange each half, pointy side up, on each cupcake, to create the tail
5. Put the cupcakes in the freezer for 15 minutes so they set.
6. Microwave the yellow frosting for 45 seconds. Stir until it feels like lightly whipped cream.
7. Dip the frozen cupcakes one by one into the yellow frosting. Allow the frosting to dry and harden.
8. Cut 10 orange fruit chews down the middle and shape them to form beaks.
9. Place each fruit chews onto the doughnut head facing out.
10. Pipe (you can use a plastic zipper bag with a hole poked in the corner) a frosting dot where each of the eyes should go, then place a mini brown candy on top of it.
Instructions adapted with permission from What’s New Cupcake? by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson