Ages: 3-5, 6-8
What you'll need:
Plastic lid from any size container
Solid color contact paper
The name medallion is a great icebreaker for kids at a group event or birthday party. Kids who are just learning to write their name will be proud of their medallions.
What to do:
1. Outline the plastic lid twice on the back of the contact paper.
2. Cut out the circles. Print the name with permanent marker on each circle.
3. Peel off the backing and stick one circle to each side of the plastic lid.
4. Punch a hole in the top of the lid.
5. Measure and cut about 25 inches of yarn.
6. String the yarn through the hole and tie a knot.
Fun to make at the start of the school year or the first club meeting, name medallions can be saved for field trips.