Photo Credit: Chronicle Books
What you’ll need
- 13x9-inch baking pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- food coloring (you pick the color for your kid’s cake!)
- 1 package sour candy straws
- assorted candy decorations (you pick!)
- 5 star-shaped cake decorations
How to make it
1. Bake the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
2. After the cake cools, use a knife to cut it into a crown shape.
3. Mix the food coloring with the vanilla frosting. Frost the cake.
4. Decorate the cake with the candy straws and other candy decorations.
5. To finish, attach the stars to the points of the crown. Can’t find them? Use candies!
Instructions adapted with permission from Cakes for Kids by Matthew Mead