Photo Credit: Easy Cut-Up Cakes for Kids
What you’ll need:
- 1 yellow or lemon cake mix
- Bundt pan
- Bright green frosting
- 3 Ding Dongs
- 1 large white marshmallow
- 1 tube black gel frosting
- Yellow M&Ms, Skittles or Lemonheads
-1 red Fruit by the Fruit
How to make it:
1. Follow the cake mix directions on the box. Bake in a bundt pan.
2. Let it sit for 10 minutes after it's finished baking. Flip it upside down to remove it and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Cut the cake in half so you have two half circles. Arrange the halves into an S-shape on a plate.
4. Frost the cake with green frosting.
5. To create a tail, cut off 1/3 of a Ding Dong. Place it at one end of the cake, cut side down. Attach it to the cake with frosting and then cover it with frosting.
6. Cut another Ding Dong in half. Stand one half next to the frosted Ding Dong. Frost it green, too.
7. Cut a little piece off of the remaining Ding Dong and add it to the tail, frosting it green.
8. Use another Ding Dong for the mouth. Cut it in half and frost the halves green. Place them on the opposite side of the cake with one half on top of the other, with a gap in the middle.
9. Cut a white marshmallow in half and place the halves on the snake’s head for eyes.
10. Use black gel frosting to draw vertical lines for the pupils.
11. Place yellow candies on the surface of the cake to create spots.
12. Cut the Fruit by Fruit for the tongue. Place it in the snake’s mouth.
Instructions adapted with permission from Easy Cut-Up Cakes for Kids by Melissa Barlow