Ages: 6-8, 9-12
Skills: Physical, Art
What you'll need:
3 white posterboard circles (small, medium, and large)
Black construction paper
Thread or telephone wire
Scraps of felt, fabric, crepe paper
Children will have hours of indoor fun making this sturdy and unique snowman mobile. They can be creative in using whatever scraps of fabric, yarn, and other materials are handy to make the face, hat, and scarf. This also makes a great Christmas decoration to hang from the tree or in a window.
What to do:
1. Punch holes as shown and attach the three circles together with thread or telephone wire.
2. Cut a top hat from construction paper and glue to the snowman's head.
3. Cut a scarf from felt or crepe paper and glue to the neck.
4. Glue on buttons or other materials for eyes, nose, and mouth.
5. Punch a hole in the hat and hang with thread or telephone wire.