Ages: 3-5, 6-8
Skills: Art, Sciences
What you'll need:
String or thread
Making this colorful bird mobile will help your child appreciate the many kinds of birds we see in the spring. Try to represent types of birds common to your area on the mobile so that your child can learn to identify those birds in his or her daily life.
What to do:
1. Outline a bird of any size on the tissue paper. The larger it is, the easier it will be to stuff.
2. Cut out the drawing and trace around it on a second sheet of tissue paper. Cut out the second bird.
3. Decorate one side of each bird with crayons. Be sure to color both a left and a right side for the finished bird.
4. Staple the edges together, leaving an opening of about three inches.
5. Stuff the bird carefully with tissue paper, then staple the opening shut.
6. Open the paper clip and poke one end through the top of the bird. Tie the string or thread through the other end of the paper clip.
Make several birds to hang at a window and enjoy a spring breeze.