Ages: 6-8, 9-12
Skills: Physical, Art
What you'll need:
Cardboard ring (10" diameter, 2" opening)
60-70 paint chips (1 1/48 X 4") in red and pink tones
24" length of red yarn or ribbon
Create an unusual Valentine's Day decoration with sample paint chips from the local paint supply store. This wreath can be hung on a door or in a window and can be used several years in a row.
What to do:
1. Fold back the corners at one end of each paint chip.
2. Glue the paint chips on the ring in three rows, starting with the outermost row.
3. Punch small dots from extra paint chips. Glue the dots around the center of the wreath as a finishing touch.
4. Tie a bow of yarn or ribbon and glue it in the center of the wreath.
5. Staple a yarn hanger on the back.