• Ages four and up
• 16 to 30 players are needed
• Materials: one large ball (a beach ball or soccer ball)
• Outdoor activity
• Competitive or noncompetitive
How to Play
- Divide the children into two teams.
- One team makes a circle and the other team stands inside the circle.
- The players forming the circle throw the ball at the players inside the circle, who are running around trying not to get hit.
- The inside players may not catch the ball.
- A ball hitting a player on the head does not count.
- Only players in the outside circle may throw and catch the ball.
- Players who get hit join the outside circle and help them try to hit the players remaining inside.
Note: Include adults in the outer circle when playing with four to five year olds.
Competitive Version: The last player left inside the circle is the winner.