• Ages five and up
• Four or more players needed
• Indoor activity
How to Play:
• IT (a chosen child) leaves the room. Then everyone sits in a circle and an adult appoints a secret leader.
• The secret leader starts a motion, such as clapping hands or snapping fingers or patting knees, and everyone copies.
• IT is called back into the room and tries to guess who the secret leader is.
The secret leader keeps changing motions. Everyone else in the circle copies these. The leader is hard to spot because the other children in the circle try to fool IT by looking at the secret leader as little as possible or by looking at someone else.
• When IT guesses the leader correctly, the leader becomes IT, and a new secret leader is appointed.
• Play until everyone has had a chance to be IT and the secret leader … or at least one or the other.
Note: With younger children, IT can guess who the leader is three times.