Photo Credit: Victoria's Secret, Steve Madden, J. Crew, Charm & Chain and Space NK
Apparently, the period between now (December holidays) and Valentine's Day is National Break-Up Season -- couples are more than twice as likely to split up over the next few months as compared to the rest of the year. Just ask Ryan and Scarlett. Or Zac and Vanessa. Or Jake and Taylor. (Come on, you know that's not going to last.) Researchers believe it's due to holiday stress, New Year's resolutions (work out more, ditch boyfriend...) and self-evaluations of the year gone by.
So whether you're the dumper or the dumpee, instantly patch up that broken heart by adding some new pieces to your single gal wardrobe. Plus, as they say, looking good is the best revenge.
- You may be all set in the little black dress department, but now's the time to switch it up a bit. Enter J. Crew's Amoureux Dress in a rich olive hue. This flirty organza twill frock features a sweetheart neckline, crisp pleating and a fitted bodice -- perfect for a first date ($350 at J. Crew).
- These Champagne-colored Damsell heels from Steve Madden, complete with pretty ruched detailing in a sheer fabric and a peep toe front, work better than any come-hither glance ($109.95 at Steve Madden).
- Give Cupid a little help with this Gold Crystal Encrusted Arrow Necklace by Alexis Bittar. The sparkly rhinestone-studded, gold-plated quill pendant offers a delicate touch to any outfit ($178 at Charm & Chain).
- Pucker up with a new tube of lipstick in a fun shade, like the sheer pink tint of Jean Queen from Lipstick Queen ($18 at Space NK).
- Last, but not least, freshen up your lingerie drawer with the appropriately-named The Player Push-Up Bra, a brand-new addition to Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria line ($48).
What are your break-up survival tips? Chime in below!