Photo Credit: Photo Courtesy of Newport-News.com
Sheer tops are so hot right now, and I'm a fan! Not only are they sexy, they can be very classy -- if worn the right way, that is. Designers like Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Donna Karan included them in their recent collections, and celebrities like Gisele Bundchen and Rihanna have also caught onto the trend.
There's no reason to be intimidated. For you, brave fashionistas, who want to give this trend a try, consider these tips before you go sheer:
1. Always wear a non-sheer control top underneath the see-through number to cover unmentionables and to smooth out your mid-section.
2. Pair your sheer top with a boyfriend blazer to keep your outfit classy. After all, it's always nice to leave something to the imagination, right? It can also take your look from day to night.
3. When in doubt, wear high-waisted pants or skirts with your sheer top. Not only do they allow for more coverage in the midsection, they can also make your legs look long and lean.
Now, it's time to shop! Sheer tops can cost up to $800, but you should probably refrain on splurging on 'em on. It's not a closet staple, so who knows if you'll be wearing it next season. Luckily, we found some affordable options of the trend.
Pictured: Banded-Collar Blouse ($29 at Newport-News.com)
• If you're not going to wear it, then why are you buying it?
• Do you have online-shopping anxiety?
• Find more great deals