I especially loved your description of not being able to focus on words but at the same time being so totally focused within yourself, thinking happy thoughts, imagining your cervix opening. You probably, with the help of endorphins, moved into a dreamlike state, focusing during contractions and sleeping for the short time between contractions. This was nature's way of helping you down the stretch!
Giving birth to two babies without unnecessary medications or procedures -- what an accomplishment! Your story is an inspiration for every woman preparing for the birth of twins.
For more birth stories, please read:
- Birth Stories: What They Tell Us
- "I Gave Birth Standing Up"
- "I Used a Variety of Comfort Measures"
- "I'm Happy I Had an Epidural"
- "The Medical Staff Didn't Listen"
- "I Gave Birth at Home"
- "I Loved My Natural Childbirth, but Pushing Was Painful"
- "I Had Preeclampsia, and My Baby Was Premature"
- "I Had an Emergency Cesarean"
- "I Regret Being Induced"
- A Day You'll Never Forget