Your experience that not pushing is harder than pushing is right on the money. Your body knows how to give birth -- and doesn't appreciate being interfered with! Thank you for sharing your story.
For more related stories, please read:
- The Case Against Induction from Lamaze International
- Birth Stories: What They Tell Us
- "I Gave Birth Standing Up"
- "I Used a Variety of Comfort Measures"
- "I'm Happy I Had an Epidural"
- "The Medical Staff Didn't Listen"
- "I Gave Birth at Home"
- "I Loved My Natural Childbirth, but Pushing Was Painful"
- "I Had Preeclampsia, and My Baby Was Premature"
- "I Gave Birth to Twins Naturally"
- "I Had an Emergency Cesarean"
- A Day You'll Never Forget