Photo Credit: Getty Images
Wondering if it's time for your baby to start solids? Around six months of age a baby often begins to show readiness for solids. It is more important to watch your baby for signs of readiness than to decide an arbitrary time for introducing solids.
Ask yourself these 5 simple questions
1. Is your baby at least four to six months old?
2. Does he or she sit up well, unsupported?
3. Can he or she pick up small items?
4. Does he or she seem very interested in what the family is eating?
5. Have you discussed starting solids with your baby's healthcare provider?
If you have answered yes to all the above questions it sounds like your baby may be ready to start eating some solid foods.
Remember that all babies are not interested or ready for solid foods at the same age. In fact, babies that are prone to allergies may refuse solids until they are closer to nine months old.
Talk with other moms right now: