Your iVillage Flash Poll Results Are In! Will Jail Help Lindsay Lohan?

Now that the actress is behind bars, you told us whether you think her time in prison will be life-changing

Update: Your iVillage Flash Poll results are in! After tallying your answers to the question "Will Jail Help Lindsay Lohan?," we can report that 60 percent of readers think that Lindsay Lohan will be up to her same old antics once she's out of jail. The other 40 percent of you believe that time behind bars will do the starlet some good and help change her ways. Keep chiming in below with your opinions, no matter which side you're on!

*********

All the lawyers in the world couldn't prevent Lindsay Lohan from serving time in jail. After spending time in a sober living facility, Lohan headed to L.A. court on the morning of July 20 to surrender, and begin her 90-day jail sentence for violating probation resulting from a DUI. Wearing a gray T-shirt under a black jacket, she was accompanied by her mother, Dina Lohan, and lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley (famed O.J. attorney Robert Shapiro visited the judge on Monday, to confirm that he would not, in fact, be representing the troubled starlet when she turned herself in).

Michael Lohan appeared on the courthouse steps after Lindsay surrendered Tuesday, but said little; his laywer told the press that Lilo's dad spent the morning praying for his daughter and does not believe she deserves incarceration. (Dina breezed out of court without a statement.)

When news first broke that Lohan was facing jail time after setting off her alcohol-monitoring SCRAM bracelet and failing to attend court-mandated alcohol-education classes, 67 percent of iVillage readers voted that the actress needed to spend time behind bars.

So, now that Lohan is doing just that, do you think her time there will help her? Or does her latest tweet on the eve of jail -- in which she said, "The only 'bookings" that i'm familiar with are Disney Films, never thought that i'd be 'booking' into Jail... eeeks" -- prove that LiLo isn't taking her situation seriously? Here's what iVillagers have been saying about the situation:

"She needs to go to jail. She has a problem that many in our society have: They are unable to own up to their faults. I call it the blameless generation. She needs to learn there are consequences for all actions and that just because she is famous doesn't get her off the hook."

"She is not going to jail for help, she's going because she repeatedly broke the conditions placed on her by the judge. She was pretty much flaunting her disregard for the orders. She needs to grow up and take responsibility for her juvenile behavior. It's a shame her mother is such an enabler."

"Once she gets out, she'll go back to doing the same she was before. She knows who she is, what she has and what she can do. If she lost everything, I can see higher chances of changing. As of now, nothing will change."

"Sorry to say, she thinks she is a queen, but now she knows the law is the law. Just maybe, this could be a wake up call. For her sake I hope she can change her ways."

Do you think jail will help Lindsay Lohan? Chime in below!

Like This? Read These:
- Can O.J.'s Lawyer Reduce Lindsay Lohan's Jail Sentence?
-
Is Dina Lohan in Denial About Lindsay's Problems?
-
What Does Lindsay Lohan's Sentence Mean to Our Kids?
-
What Will Life Be Like for Lindsay Lohan in Jail?
-
Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Calls Sentence "Harsh and Unfair" -- Then Quits!
-
Your iVillage Flash Poll Results Are In! Should Lindsay Lohan Go to Jail?

FILED UNDER:
Connect with Us
Follow Our Pins

Yummy recipes, DIY projects, home decor, fashion and more curated by iVillage staffers.

Follow Our Tweets

The very dirty truth about fashion internships... DUN DUN @srslytheshow http://t.co/wfewf

On Instagram

Behind-the-scenes pics from iVillage.

Best of the Web