Your iVillage Flash Poll Results Are In! Will You Watch Mel Gibson Movies Again?

Once beloved for his acting and directing, the troubled star is now perfecting the art of alienating fans

Update: Your iVillage Flash Poll results are in! After tallying your answers to the question "Will You Ever Watch Mel Gibson Movies Again?" we can report that 63 percent of readers have had enough of the actor's offscreen drama and are boycotting his films. And while the other 37 percent can apparently separate his work from his work from his personal life, is it possible that he may only land roles as the villain from now on? Keep chiming in below with your opinions, no matter which side you're on!


With each passing day, it seems harder and harder to find reasons to give Mel Gibson a second (or third...or fourth...) chance. The actor/director/writer/producer, once a very likable Oscar  winner and 1990's sex symbol, has since alienated fans and industry alike with some downright horrific behavior.

We all remember his alarming DUI arrest in 2006, during which Gibson made anti-Semitic remarks and verbally harassed a female police officer. This summer, fans have been shocked by new accusations of domestic violence against girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva (with whom Gibson fathered a baby girl after leaving his wife of 28 years) and a recording on which he hurls even more racist and sexist slurs, including the N-word and an assertion that Grigorieva deserves to be raped.

The appalling cracks in the 54-year-old's once-sparkling public image have proven to be too much for his powerful Hollywood agency, which has just dropped him. Are fans dropping him, too? Here's what iVillagers had to say about Gibson recently: 

"Mel's become a monster and needs to be kicked out of Hollywood before something more sinster and violent happens." - Ozzi

"I think Mel Gibson has contributed so much to the entertainment world, and to our society. Truly a world class entertainer....If we left him alone to do what he does best, we may find ourselves with many more great works of art to enjoy coming from him! Leave the Gibson family alone!" - comments11660

"I loved his movies, I forgave his little rants -- but hitting women? He's just a sad, anti-Semitic misogynistic drunk. I have no respect for him anymore." - billcale

"He is sooooooooo not going to bounce back from this one!" - Anonymous

"I don't care if he knocks out a thousand teeth. He's still a genius actor/director." - Anonymous

"I believe that she made up these accusations so everyone would feel sorry for her. She also doesn't want to lose custody of their daughter because she won't get a dime if she does. I feel bad for the child, she will be the one to suffer through all this mess." - sherrie913

"He seems like a crazy loose cannon. These charges are hideous!" - Anonymous

"This is a man full of rage and hate. Hasn't he proved that already?" -Barbara

Will you ever be able to watch Mel Gibson movies again? Chime in below!

Like This? Read These:
- Will Mel Gibson Ever Work Again?
- Mel Gibson Investigated for Domestic Violence
- Mel Gibson's Violent, Racist Tirade Caught on Tape

Connect with Us
Follow Our Pins

Yummy recipes, DIY projects, home decor, fashion and more curated by iVillage staffers.

Follow Our Tweets

The very dirty truth about fashion internships... DUN DUN @srslytheshow

On Instagram

Behind-the-scenes pics from iVillage.

Best of the Web