Photo Credit: Jordan Strauss/WireImage
The new action-adventure movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (out in theaters May 28) offers plenty of scenes featuring Jake Gyllenhaal -- and his buff biceps! -- fighting bad guys. But it also has a romantic side, as his character falls madly in love with a princess (Gemma Arterton). And while the actor recently split from his real-life leading lady, Reese Witherspoon, he remains optimistic about love.
"You never really know (what's coming)," he tells iVillage about relationships. "That's the great thing about life, isn't it?"
For Gyllenhaal, another great thing about life is getting to star as an action hero in a blockbuster film. "It feels like being a kid again," he says. "It feels like I'm fulfilling a childhood dream."
Watch our exclusive video interview above to find out how Gyllenhaal perfected his English accent for the film and how he got his body into tip-top shape -- but beware that his tongue is firmly planted in cheek while explaining!
PLUS, other celebrity interviews!
- VIDEO: Sex and the City Secret Revealed: SJP's Favorite Carrie Hook-Up!
- VIDEO: The Idea of Soulmates Makes Kristin Davis 'Want to Gag'
- VIDEO: 3 Ways Kim Cattrall Is Nothing Like Samantha Jones
- VIDEO: What Cynthia Nixon Hates to Admit About Motherhood
- VIDEO: Chris Noth Is 'Still Confused' About Women
Who do you think Jake Gyllenhaal should date next? Chime in below!