Name: Joelle Gwynn
Home town: Southfield, MI
Occupation: Non-profit founder
Favorite cheat food: Chicken & cheese enchiladas with guacamole & sour cream!
Goal for 2009: To be under 200 lbs
Starting weight: 309
Elimination weight: 278
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes two weeks prior to learning that I would be a contestant on The Biggest Loser.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
How INTENSE the workouts would be! There was no warm up week, just immediate and super intense boot camp!
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
Follow the recommended caloric intake. I often ate fewer calories than recommended and I believe that was detrimental. So please follow the recommended caloric intake. You need the calories to fuel you for the workouts.
I also wish I spoke up more for myself and voiced my feelings. I was trying to make sure I didn't get caught up in any drama and did so anyway from bottling up my emotions until they exploded or impaired my focus.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Working out at the "Biggest Loser" intensity level and increasing my intensity level each week to continue to lose weight.
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
Working as a genuine team player.
6. What is your favorite workout?
7. What's your favorite healthy meal or snack?
Rice Ice Cream (Frozen yogurt), Vanilla flavored with fresh fruit added
Hummus and Carrots
9. What do you think your weight-loss obstacles will be now that you're off the ranch and how do you plan to overcome them?
My biggest obstacle at home is developing the discipline to go to the gym on a regular basis. I now use the gym as a social place: first date workouts, workouts with friends and family, and meeting new friends at the gym.
10. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
A. To believe in yourself, trust the process and change forever!
B. Stay present, speak truth & stay positive!
C. Try to be like a non-stick pan and don't let any issue or person "stick on you" and take your focus from your goal.
D. You CAN work through the pain!
11. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
Jillian is really nice and considerate.
Bob's a great dancer!
Women get really comfortable with lifting their shirts up in public and letting the sound technicians place the microphones in our work out bras. When I came back home I was in the habit of walking around in my sports bra and had to re-teach myself not to lift up nor take off my shirt in public! LOL.
12. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
Listen to music, watch former seasons of Biggest Loser, go for walks, or cook meals as a group.