Photo Credit: Prince Williams/FilmMagic
Seriously, Justin Bieber? You'd think that a full year of P.R. disasters might have improved his decision-making skills. And then he goes and gets photographed at what appears to be a brothel.
Yes, the 19-year-old pop star allegedly decided that the Brazilian leg of his tour wouldn't be complete without a visit to Rio de Janeiro's most popular bordello. According to Page Six, the Biebs and a friend spent more than three hours at Centaurus (rated the No. 4 brothel in the world by AskMen.com -- gross), then left with two women. Photographs taken Friday at the brothel show security guards escorting Bieber out of the building. He's covered in a sheet, making it impossible to be 100 percent certain about his identity -- but those tattoos and sneakers sure look familiar. (Paparazzi also say they recognized his security guards.) The two girls were photographed in a separate car, trying to hide their faces.
A source close to Bieber tells Entertainment Tonight that the pop star wasn't actually leaving a brothel, but a "private, members-only type club" that he was invited to by friends. Okay, then.
We so don't want Justin Bieber to turn into Charlie Sheen. Unfortunately, an alleged visit to a brothel isn't the only questionable thing Bieber has done in recent weeks. Here are a few recent highlights from his "Believe" tour:
- The shirtless pop star allegedly "muscled" his way into a DJ booth at a South Korean club and tried to play different music. This led to a fight with the actual DJ, who also told him to "put some clothes on."
- In Houston, Texas, Bieber was photographed patronizing a strip club.
- Also in Houston: he reportedly got drunk on Dos Equis, prompting a state investigation into the nightclub's underage drinking policy.
- He spray painted "Free Breezy" (a.k.a. jailbird Chris Brown) on a wall in Bogota.
- He posted, then removed, an Instagram photo of himself with a self-described "celebrity weed dealer."
- He allegedly solicited a prostitute in Panama for $500, the week before the Rio incident.
In case it wasn't clear: that's just the stuff he did in October. Is it any wonder he's getting pelted with water bottles onstage? (See below.)
So yeah, Bieber is having some problems getting his image back on track. Or more accurately, he doesn't seem to care about getting his image back on track. As far as we're concerned, it's his alleged prostitution hobby that's the most damaging; there are some serious ethical problems with supporting prostitution in developing countries. Plus, it's gross.
There is one thing Justin did this month that gives us hope: he helped construct a schoolhouse in the Guatemalan jungle, in conjunction with the charity Pencils of Promise. He actually helped to do the grunt work, and he even gave his shoes to one of the children.
"It was just a wake-up call to me," Bieber said of the poverty he witnessed. (See his self-made video confession below.)
Not only did Justin do something positive for the world -- he was also thinking about his actions, for a change. He should try that more often!