Photo Credit: Getty Image/ HollywoodLife
Justin warns the hackers: Watch out! My teenage girl fanbase is “more dangerous than Navy Seals!”
UPDATE: All is now well in the Twitterverse. Order had been restored, and Justin’s profile now correctly shows his 2.4 million followers. Don’t freak out, BFFs! Twitter will soon be restored to normal, but as of this morning, everyone APPEARS to have 0 followers! (You still have them… you just can’t see the number.) While “everyday folk” may not feel it just yet, celebs like Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber (you know, the important people with millions of obsessive followers) are going absolutely bananas. Justin has this message for the hackers: “hackers i send a warning…u have now pissed off over 2 million teenage girls.”
- Ashton Kutcher: twitter is being hacked by some turkish hacker. haha I have 0 followers.
- Justin Bieber: so i woke up here in LA and Twitter has been hacked. Turns out I am no longer popular … hackers i send a warning…u have now pissed off over 2 million teenage girls. They are more dangerous than Navy Seals.
- Jim Carrey: Imagine if this hacker put his/her talent 2 some worthy use. They could 1 day have more than a false sense of superiority. They’d #BOING ;^> (Editors Note: Jim, stop trying to make BOING happen!)
- Alyssa Milano: Ummmmm….. Where did my followers go @Twitter?
- Mark Indelicato: It says that I have 0 followers……
- Stephen Collins (…remember 7th Heaven?): According 2 Twitter they’ve fixed a bug/hack that re-set following/follower #s to 0. Scary. So far, my acct isn’t re-set. Holding breath.
- Joe Jonas: Wait.. So this means I have to “talk” to my friends?
— Andy Swift