Photo Credit: John M. Heller/Getty Images
Apparently, Kate Gosselin's fans like her enough to keep her on Dancing with the Stars for three weeks -- but not enough to buy her book.
Gosselin's newest tome -- I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family -- has sold only 10,000 copies since its April 13 release. Not bad, but hardly the half-million sales that her first book, Multiple Bles8ings, racked up in its early weeks. The 35-year-old mother of eight is a bigger star than ever... so why the sluggish book sales this time? Three theories:
1. The cracks are showing. Perhaps the appeal of Gosselin's previous books came from everyone wondering, "How does she do it?" Moms everywhere wanted to know how Kate handled eight kids when we could barely handle one or two. But now that the Gosselins' marriage has fallen apart, we know she doesn't have it all figured out, after all -- and we're just not as eager for her pearls of parenting wisdom.
2. Where are the kids? The book jackets for Multiple Bles8ings (2008) and Eight Little Faces (2009) both featured adorable portraits of the Gosselin kids. I Just Want You To Know, on the other hand, looks like a cover of O magazine, with Kate instead of Oprah. Kate alone is a lot easier to pass over than those eight little smiles.
3. Kate overload. Sure, Jon & Kate Plus 8 was cancelled -- but between Kate's magazine covers, news coverage, and network TV appearances, we've barely noticed. And now she has two new reality-TV projects in the works with TLC. Is this really the moment to ask fans to fork over $23 for more Kate? How about we pay $23 to make her go away for a few months, so that when she returns, we'll be happy to see her again?
- Jon and Kate Ordered to Take Parenting Classes
- Kate Gosselin Gets the Kids Ready for Their Close-Up
- Kate Gosselin Gets the Boot from Dancing with the Stars
- Kate Gosselin: 'DWTS' Is Making Me 'Depressed'
Are you interested in reading Kate Gosselin's book? Chime in below!