Photo Credit: Justin Campbell/FilmMagic
Jon Gosselin should be prepared for the fight of his life. As he and ex Kate Gosselin prepare to go to court to battle for custody of their eight children, Kate's making it very clear that she's not about to stand by and let someone take her family from her.
"I'm not afraid I'll lose my kids," she tells the new issue of People, on sale Friday. "I won't lose my kids. We're glued together, as a package, and nothing, nothing, will stop me from being with my kids."
"A law?" she continues. "Yeah, right. Don't mess with me when it comes to my kids. You are never, ever going to win."
Jon is claiming that Kate isn't focused on spending time with their children, and has said that fame is the driving force in the Dancing with the Stars contestant's life. He is now seeking primary custody -- which Kate currently has -- and a re-evaluation of the $21,000 in monthly support payments he's been previously ordered to make.
Kate's up for the fight, but says she doesn't want a never-ending battle with her ex, because of how negatively that would affect the children.
"I want nothing more than for [Jon] to set up a stable life for himself," she says, "so that he can be part of making our kids' lives more stable."
- Jon & Kate Gosselin Share Victory as TLC Case Is Dismissed
- Kate Gosselin Insists It's Kids First, Fame Second
- Kate Gosselin Gets Her Own Show (with No Dancing!)
- Your iVillage Flash Poll Results Are In? Which Gosselin Should Get Custody?
Who do you think should have primary custody of the Gosselin kids? Chime in below!