Photo Credit: Getty Images
Kate Moss isn’t pregnant -- yet. But she, like so many women, wants to get as healthy as possible before conceiving again. (And Moss hasn't always led such a healthy lifestyle -- or so we've heard.)
UK's The Sun reports that Moss is taking folic acid supplements, also known as Vitamin B9. This is something my gynecologist recommended when I was first thinking about getting pregnant, and it's pretty common. The American Pregnancy Association says that taking plenty of folic acid before conception helps prevent birth defects.
Are you trying to conceive, too? There are other things you can do to prepare your body for baby. We've heard that Moss is quitting smoking and cutting back on alcohol, so there's that. Also recommended:
- Stopping strenuous exercise, like training for a marathon (but light to moderate exercise is great, so keep that up!)
- Eating more healthfully and cutting out junk food, especially the processed kind
- Limiting caffeine to a cup or two a day
- Stopping medicines and herbs known to be unsafe for baby
- Getting up to date on your vaccinations (some diseases -- like rubella, for example -- can cause birth defects)
What did you change before conceiving? Chime in below!