Photo Credit: Amy Sussman/Getty Images
If you weren't invited to the Gosselin sextuplets' sixth birthday party earlier this week, don't worry: you can catch up with all eight of Kate Gosselin's cute kids on June 6, when Kate Plus 8 premieres on TLC. The Jon-free series will begin with a birthday episode (the children go on "an exciting surprise trip" with Mom to celebrate the sextuplets' birthday). Here are three things you should know about K+8:
1. It's not a traditional TV series. TLC has referred to the show as a "series of specials", meaning the cameras won't be following the family 24/7 anymore, as in Jon & Kate Plus 8 days. The show will most likely focus on special events in the kids' lives: birthdays, holidays, dentist appointments...
2. The kids have become performers. Legally, that is! After a challenge from Pennsylvania's State Labor Dept., the Gosselin 8 are required to have work permits, in accordance with standard policy for any other child actor.
3. Jon will not be watching. (Or so he's claimed!) Last fall, the Gosselin patriarch spoke out against Kate Plus 8 on Larry King Live, saying, "I don't think it's healthy for [my children] because we're going through a divorce right now. I don't think it should be televised and I think my kids should be taken off the show." Then again, he may just be bitter: rumor has it that Gosselin simply got edged out of his ex-wife's new show (and lucrative TLC contract), and has since been shopping his own reality series.
Kate Plus 8 kicks off on Sunday, June 6 (9 p.m. ET) on TLC. Meanwhile, Kate Gosselin's other new reality series, Twist of Kate, will be premiering later this summer.
- Jerry Springer Tells Kate Gosselin, 'There's Someone Out There for You!'
- PHOTOS: Gone to Splitsville: Star Breakups
- They Moved On! 10 Strong Women After Breakup
Will you be watching Kate Plus 8? Chime in below!