Photo Credit: nycago.org; Jay Thornton/INFphoto.com
The details of Katie's divorce settlement with Tom Cruise are under wraps, but word is that Holmes will have primary custody and Cruise, who is based in Los Angeles, will have generous visitation rights. Either way, an all-girls Catholic school education -- where attending weekly mass reportedly is a requirement -- is sure to differ vastly from the home-schooled Scientology-based instruction Cruise would likely have choosen for Suri.
But we think Suri is gonna love Catholic school. Here are five reasons why -- and we're not even including how adorbable she'll look in that uniform.
1. It's school. Bring on the pencils, notebooks -- heck, even the teacher's stern looks. After being home-schooled, Suri soon will be exposed to a whole slew of new friends, teachers and all kinds of activities. Plus, according to Sacred Heart's website, "each child participates in at least two music and/or drama classes from kindergarten to 9th grade, accompanied by a full complement of after school electives in those disciplines." With parents like Holmes and Cruise, that seems like a match made in movie star kid heaven.
2. Girls rule. The constant scrutiny (not to mention the paparazzi-stalking) is tough enough on a celebrity kid without having to deal with hormonally-charged boys. By attending an all-girls school, Suri can hopefully make some long-lasting female friendships -- even if she has to face a few girly cliques. Plus, she'll be following in the footsteps of her Mama, who also went to a Catholic all-girls school.
3. She'll expand her idea of spirituality. After being raised in the church of Scientology, a Catholic education will expose Suri to other religions. Naturally, Sacred Heart's goals include things like, "rooted in the love of Jesus Christ, the school promotes a personal relationship with God and fosters the spiritual lives of its members." But it also emphasizes that "the school fosters inter-religious acceptance and dialogue by educating to an understanding of and deep respect for the religions of the world." That sounds like a good plan.
4. It's far away from La-La Land. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but living in New York will be a lot different than growing up in Hollyweird. Plus, Holmes putting about 2,500 miles between Suri and Scientology's home base probably isn't just a coincidence.
5. She'll be among peers. Obviously, Suri is one well-off little girl, but she won't be the only one with famous folks or an eye-popping trust fund. In fact, Sacred Heart alums include Lady Gaga, Nicky Hilton and Caroline Kennedy, just to name a few, while other private New York City schools boast alumnae like Gwyneth Paltrow, Claire Danes and Ivanka Trump. Suri may be famous at Sacred Heart, but she certainly won't be the only fancypants little girl there. After all, according to the school's website, tuition and fees for kindergarten through 12th grade come in at nearly $40,000. A year. So, maybe, just maybe, for once Suri won't always have to stick out from the crowd.