Budding Chefs Cooking Party
Get kids to roll up their sleeves for fun party activities with tasty results!
- Send invites: Get partygoers in the mood by penning the details on recipe cards and including the party menu.
- Upon arrival, give each child a paper chef's hat to decorate with markers and crayons.
- Make individual pizzas: Prepare or buy pizza dough in advance. Give each guest a ball of dough and, on a clean, flour-dusted table, help each to flatten the ball into a pizza-pie shape. Prick each pie with a fork in several places so it won't bubble when baking. Then offer an array of toppings. Include classics like tomato sauce, grated mozzarella and pepperoni, but also include wacky kid favorites like french fries and chicken-nugget slivers. Grill or bake the pizzas and serve.
- Help the group make a batch of brownies and blondies while the pizza is cooking. Bake them after you've served the pizza, and wrap them to send home as favors.
- Present the young chefs with the opportunity to decorate -- and then devour -- cupcakes that you've made in advance.