KITCHEN RULES FOR KIDS
- Put on your apron and cover up for comfort!
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly!
- Pick a recipe and READ the entire recipe before you start!
- Gather all your ingredients and utensils. Put everything in order and put ingredients or utensils away as you use them. When everything is gone, your recipe is complete!
THE 10 BIG NEVER-DOs IN KITCHEN SAFTEY
- NEVER keep paper towels, dishtowels, or potholders by the stove or any heating appliance!
- NEVER turn pot handles to the front. ALWAYS keep pot handles faced to the back to avoid accidental "knock-overs."
- NEVER pick up a hot pan with your bare hands. ALWAYS use a pot holder!!
- NEVER put butter or oil on a burn. ALWAYS tell an adult if you burn yourself. ALWAYS run the burned area under cool running water for 10-15 minutes.
- NEVER put electrical appliances by water.
- NEVER touch an electrical outlet with wet hands.
- NEVER add water to a dish that has oil in it.
- NEVER use sharp knives or other tools without parental supervision or assistance.
- NEVER put knives or other sharp objects into a full sink.
- NEVER put cooked food on the same plate, tray or cutting board as raw food. Bacteria and germs can easily contaminate the cooked food.