- Curry Dip
- Grilled Flank Steak with a Basil-Mustard Marinade
- Grilled Marinated Zucchini
- Vanilla Sorbet with Mango Rum-Raisin Topping
- 8-ounce container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
Combine ingredients in a bowl and keep chilled until ready to serve. Blanched fresh broccoli, cauliflower and carrots are excellent with this dip. Leftover dip can be tossed with chilled cooked red potatoes for an interesting salad.
Grilled Flank Steak with a Basil-Mustard Marinade
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Place flank steak in a sealable plastic bag or a non-metallic container. Combine the remaining ingredients well in a food processor or blender and pour over the steak. Marinate for 1 to 4 hours. Grill steak over high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting in thin diagonal slices.
Grilled Marinated Zucchini
- 2 zucchini, each cut into 4 lengthwise strips
- 3 tablespoons blended sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Combine sesame oil, honey and soy sauce by hand or in a food processor or blender. Pour over zucchini in a sealable plastic bag or non-metallic container. Preheat grill to medium-high and cook zucchini for 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
Vanilla Sorbet with Mango Rum-Raisin Topping
- 2 mangos, diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 shot glass of dark rum (pineapple juice may be substituted)
- vanilla sorbet
Before dinner, combine mango with the raisins and rum in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate. At serving time, spoon sorbet into bowls and top with the mango mixture.