Photo Credit: GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP
Luck was definitely a lady at the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday night -- broadcast live on CBS from Las Vegas -- as musical trio Lady Antebellum picked up three of the biggest trophies of the night, tying with Miranda Lambert (who was hurried off the stage by producers while trying to finish her thank-yous) for the most wins of the evening. The band walked away with Song of the Year and Single of the Year, contributing to a shut-out of Taylor Swift in all five categories for which the young upstart was nominated.
Reba McEntire was on hand to host the festivities, and while Carrie Underwood squealed accepting the fan-voted Entertainer of the Year trophy (for the second year in a row), the "T.M.I" award has to go to presenter and proud papa Matthew McConaughey, who told the crowd: "This is my second time here," the actor said. "I had a really good time last year…After the show last year, my lady and I, Camilla [Alves], we even went back to the hotel and conceived the little lady who is now our daughter, Vida Alves McConaughey. That's a true story. Now I'm back and I'm having a good time but I promise you me and Camilla are gonna try and not get so lucky this year. Two is enough. We're flush for awhile."
Check out all the night's winners:
- Entertainer of the Year: Carrie Underwood
- Top Male Vocalist: Brad Paisley
- Top Female Vocalist: Miranda Lambert
- Top Vocal Group: Lady Antebellum
- Top Vocal Duo: Brooks & Dunn
- Top New Artist: Luke Bryan
- Top New Solo Vocalist: Luke Bryan
- Top New Vocal Duo: Joey + Rory
- Top New Vocal Group: Gloriana
- Single Record of the Year: Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now"
- Top Album of the Year: Miranda Lambert, Revolution
- Song of the Year: Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now"
- Video of the Year: Miranda Lambert, "White Liar"