Your child will:
• Be surrounded with materials to read, including books, poems, shared chart stories.
• Spend time in small groups reading interesting books with lots of pictures to enhance the story.
• Write original stories. These will start out being very simple, with only one or two sentences at first.
• Look for familiar words that appear in everyday objects, from signs on the streets to the library books they brought home.
• Read and write poetry to find similar word patterns such as bat, pat, sat and hat.
More skills and milestones:
Development Tracker main page