Name: Laura Denoux
Hometown: Miami, FL
Occupation: Sales Director
Favorite cheat food: My grandma's fettuccini alfredo
Goal for 2009: To weigh 150 lbs and wear a size 6/8
Starting weight: 285 lbs
Elimination weight: 208 lbs
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
I realized that I needed to lose weight when I had to start shopping in plus sized clothing stores, when I could barely fit into an airplane seat and when I felt winded walking up one flight of stairs and when I would eat several servings of food in one sitting.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
Before going on The Biggest Loser I wish I would have known how important exercising was. It gives you energy and strength to do so many things. I wish I would have worked out more to prepare myself for all the hard workouts that I was about to have to go through.
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
The one thing I would have tried to change was working out the first week even more than I did so that we would have won the weigh-in and neither Tara or I would have to go home for the 30 days. I think if I would have stayed here the entire time that I would have had lost more weight by now.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
The intense workouts, the cameras in your face 24/7 and eating not so delicious foods.
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
Tara motivates me every day just being Tara. Her commitments and dedication to working out as hard as she does everyday makes me want to workout hard too. Tara has also made me realize that I can accomplish so much and that I’m strong and can really do this.
6. What is your favorite workout?
My favorite workout is spinning and swimming.
7. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
The best advice Jillian has given me has been to not care what other people think of me.
8. What is your favorite meal or snack?
My favorite meal here on the ranch is baked chicken with salad with my signature dressing which is oil, red wine vinegae, Dijon mustard and pepper. I also like Tara’s Varsity Pizza. It should definitely go in a Biggest Loser cookbook.
9. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
Behind the scenes we cook our own meals all day, everyday. There is no chef. We literally workout 6 hours per day. We have dance parties at night. The challenges and interviews take forever. There are like 100 people that work on production, casting, crew, etc.
10. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
For fun we watch movies, have dance parties, go surfing (sometimes) and play games.