- 2 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 fennel head, trimmed and cut into paper-thin slices
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 3 cups baby spinach, cleaned
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot of salted water, boil the lobsters for 15 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, split the tail in two lengthwise and remove the meat. Crack the claws and remove the claw meat. Slice the tail meat into medallions, lightly season with salt and pepper and set aside in a bowl. Save the split tails for garnish.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice into the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of dressing to the lobster meat and toss. To the remaining dressing add the apples, fennel, pistachios, spinach, goat cheese and chives. Toss well, season with salt and pepper and arrange on a salad plate. Top the salad with the lobster, season with additional cracked black pepper and garnish with reserved lobster tails.