• Pieces of white and black paper
• Lamp without its shade
• Pencil, black crayon, white chalk
1. Have a member sit in a chair with one side facing the wall. The chair should be a few inches from the wall.
2. Turn on the lamp about ten feet away. A shadow will appear. Tape the white paper on the wall so that the shadow is cast on it. Draw the shadow's outline.
3. Have the model sit still as you complete the outline.
4. Take the silhouette from the wall. Cut it out.
5. Trace a silhouette using chalk on black paper. Cut out the silhouette and glue it on white paper.
6. Make decorations and Valentine's messages around the silhouette.
7. Give the silhouette away as a Valentine's Day gift.