I have been searching for a delicious, low-fat recipe for marinating steak. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Marinating meat is actually quite a simple process.
- The first step is to trim all the visible fat from the steak and pierce it lightly with a fork.
- Next, you may want to sprinkle the steak with salt-free or regular tenderizer.
- Finally, place the steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. The steak should marinate for several hours (up to 24). Be sure to flip it over once or twice and keep it refrigerated.
Fast and Delicious Marinades Below are several interesting marinade options. Simply mix the ingredients of one group together and pour over your steak.
- 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon minced ginger, 2 tablespoons grated orange rind, 1/4 cup orange juice and soy sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato juice, 1/4 cup minced onion, 1 tablespoon crumbled dried Italian herbs and minced garlic to taste
- 3 minced garlic cloves, 6 minced shallots and beef broth
- Beef stock, 3 tablespoons lemon rind, 3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- The juice and pulp of a lemon, 3 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon crumbled dried thyme
- The juice and pulp of a lime, and chili powder to taste
- Juice and pulp of a lime, 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt and curry powder to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 2 tablespoons crushed fennel seeds, 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar, peanut oil and hot sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar, peanut oil and soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds and a small amount of orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary and garlic
- Beef broth, cilantro, adobo seasoning, onion and garlic
Enjoy and thanks for writing,