• Red and purple felt
• Paper or cardboard
• Needle and thread or embroidery floss (optional)
• Fabric glue
• 2 feet gold cord
• Glitter glue
1. Draw a heart shape on paper or cardboard. Make it about 5" across.
2. Cut out the heart to use a pattern.
3. Trace the pattern on two pieces of red felt and two pieces of purple felt. Cut out all four hearts.
4. Glue or sew each red heart to a purple heart so the edges line up. Allow glue to dry.
5. Lay one of the double-layered hearts on the work surface, purple side up. Lay the cord on the heart. Place one end of the cord at the point. Follow along the edges with the cord. Lay the other end of cord along the other edge. You should have a loop of chord outside the heart. It will look like a handle on a purse. Glue the cord.
6. Lay the other heart over the heart with the cord glued onto it. Glue or sew the hearts together at the pointed end and along the sides. Do not glue them together at the rounded tops of the heart. Make sure the purple hearts face the inside of the purse. Let the glue dry.
7. Decorate the purse with glitter glue. Write a message on it to give as a gift. You could also keep this purse to store all of your cards.