• 1 1/4 cup milk
• 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1 1/4 tablespoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix milk and peanut butter in a large bowl, until smooth.
3. Combine flours and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Gradually stir flour mixture into wet ingredients.
5. Knead dough by hand, adding small amounts of milk to the mixture if the consistency is too dry.
6. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to desired thickness and cut out treats with cookie cutter of choice.
7. Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, modifying timing to adjust for dough thickness and treat size.
8. After the oven has been turned off, treats can be left to cool and dry for several hours before storing.
Don't want to bake? You can order a gourmet Valentine treat and help homeless pets at the same time!