Want to make some mistletoe magic this year? Check out these tried-and-true tips from experts, celebrities and happily coupled iVillagers from every part of the country!
1. Hit the road: "Right after a family Thanksgiving dinner, my husband and I head for the ocean, where we and six other couples have RV spaces reserved for the whole weekend. Part of the time it's just me and my hubby of 27 years, but a lot of the time we spend with the crew -- playing games, telling stories and having a blast. By the time I go back to work on Monday, I am rejuvenated and ready to get in the Christmas spirit."
2. Focus on food: "We're planning our Thanksgiving around my husband's cooking a turkey in his charcoal smoker, with friends and family on hand to sample his handiwork."
3. Express thanks: "On Thanksgiving, thank each other for the gifts (material and nonmaterial) you have given each other over the past year."
4. Dance by candlelight: "I'll be staying home and celebrating with my husband and children this New Year's. We'll pop some popcorn and watch a family movie, and then, when the kids go to bed, we'll put on some music and dance by candlelight."
5. Dream: "Give yourself a gift as a couple. Take five minutes each to tell each other your dreams, hopes and desires. Then do a third round, making up some fun and wonderful new dreams to do as a couple. Then schedule some of them.