16. Be grateful: "My husband and I are just coming to the end of a very difficult phase in our relationship. I think the best thing we can do this holiday season is to surround ourselves with the people we love the most and be grateful that it's a new year."
17. Shop for sexy stuff: "Fill each other's stockings with sex-related gifts, such as IOUs for sexual favors. You can even buy books filled with them."
18. Keep it simple: "My husband and I like screaming, 'Happy New Year!' in our pajamas, and then being able to quickly go to bed."
19. Throw a family fete: "The best holiday party we ever had was when we invited over a few couples with kids the same ages as ours, rented movies, played card and board games, ate pork roast, hot dogs, sauerkraut and dumplings and drank sparkling cider. Everyone slept over, and the next morning, we all had breakfast together. Everyone pitched in. It was like a big slumber party."
20. Enjoy nature: "My boyfriend and I are big nature lovers. The best thing we'll do this holiday season is to get bundled up and go for a long walk in the woods on my parents' farm. The winter landscape is so tranquil -- just perfect"
21. Celebrate early: "Open a few of your smaller presents to each other a day or two before Christmas -- it can really help to put you in the holiday spirit." --an iVillager