41. Get away: "When my husband and I were married, our honeymoon trip to Hawaii was canceled because of an airline strike. This year, we're finally going on our honeymoon. My beloved just surprised me with tickets to fly to Hawaii on December 27 to celebrate the beginning of a new year. On New Year's, at the stroke of midnight, I plan to be on the beach, walking hand in hand with my sweetie."
42. Appreciate what you have: "Even though we are going through hard financial times right now, I am so happy that I have my husband for the holidays. Last May I almost lost him to a diabetic attack. Life is wonderful."
43. Share gifts in private: "Instead of opening our gifts to each other in front of all our friends and family, we like to find at least a few minutes away from the crowd to open our gifts alone."
44. Spend quality family time: "This holiday season, I'll be enjoying my first Christmas in my house in Pennsylvania with my husband, baby daughter and family."
45. Give the gift of time: "The best present in today's crazy world is time. Make sure you take time for each other during the busy holiday season. Ask family or friends to take care of the kids, and spend two or three hours alone, doing something you both enjoy."