- What's your favorite thing about being a kid?
- Who's your best friend? Why?
- Is there a story you remember when you were little that you would like to tell?
- What did you do at your last birthday?
- How do you feel about ____________(name something they love like Pokemon, Disney, Barney, etc.)? What do you like/love about it?
3. Turn on the tape recorder again, press "record" and begin the interview, this time with you asking the questions. Allow your child to speak freely and add any new stories and dimensions that may arise.
4. Turn off the tape when the second interview is complete. Rewind the tape and play it back…listen to it over some cookies and milk!
5. LABEL THE TAPE!!! Your child can decorate the label card (J-card). Put the tape with your child's baby book or in another place where you store keepsakes. Make a new tape each year!
NOTE: If reading the questions is difficult for your child, just turn on the tape recorder and begin a conversation. Take turns asking questions or telling stories.
Happy Mother's Day!