Name: Helen Phillips
Hometown: Sterling Heights, MI
Occupation: Retail manager
Favorite cheat food: Pizza, ice cream, cake, potato skins
Goal for 2009: To reach my goal weight of 125-130 pounds
Starting weight: 257 lbs
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
I found myself making excuses not to go anywhere. Friends would invite us out and I started lying to them about things, so it looked like we were busy or not feeling well. But in reality, I was too embarrassed of my weight and how I looked to go anywhere.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
I wish I would have opened up more in the very beginning–I held back and it held me back.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Not being able to talk to to family, no driving, no shopping, no TV, no sex (wow, I can’t believe I just wrote that!).
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
That she’s proud to be my daughter, that she knows that I can do this and that I inspire her and others.
6. What is your favorite workout?
7. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
To be true to yourself
8. What is your favorite meal or snack?
Fish, shrimp, roasted veggies
9. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
We actually love each other!
10. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
Sleep, walk the ridge, surf, play board games