Photo Credit: Getty Images
Hey, smart shoppers!
Just wanted to introduce myself, your new Deals blogger! I'm Lynn, a budget fashionista to the fullest, here to help all of you wade through the trends and scour the sales, and figure out how and where to buy what's hot, without spending a ton.
A few things you should know about me:
1. I live in New York City, a city with constant fashion inspiration and where I truly don't even need to walk into a store to "shop" with my eyes -- I just walk down the street and can see creative, stylish, one-of-a-kind looks everywhere I turn.
2. I work as a writer, a notoriously underpaid job! So shopping for deals to me is an absolute must. Luckily I have lots of experience on finding the best deals, plus access to plenty of people with the inside scoop.
3. On that note, I have many, many friends who work in fashion, and who understand how to pull together a fabulous outfit quickly and wear it confidently. Not only that, they have the inside track on where to get the best deals and how to hunt for bargains. Indeed, some of the best dressed women I know are the ones who spend the least -- and I plan to lean on them heavily to help me write this blog.
4. I'm extremely petite, so finding good-looking, well-fitting clothing is a top priority for me. I understand all too well that when it comes to finding a bargain, no sale item is worth it if it doesn't fit well. I've heard that advice over the years and truly didn't believe it until I started "seeing" my tailors regularly. Now I can't imagine life without him or her (they're a husband-and-wife team.)
5. Practicality is important to me. I like to only buy an item if I know it will work several different ways and give me my money's worth. Therefore, I'll try to always steer you toward purchases that'll give you high style mileage -- and I'll warn you whenever I have to veer from that promise!
6. I've never met a soft sweater, chunky watch, or pink leather item I didn't love.
So tell me, what items do YOU find yourself always loving? What are your top priorities when it comes to personal style? Let me know, so I can address these topics on my blog. I'm here for you, and happy we'll be navigating the next few seasons together. Happy shopping!
What kind of deals are you looking for? Chime in below!