Name: Tara Costa
Hometown: Bethpage, NY
Occupation: Finance manager
Favorite cheat food: Chocolate chip pancakes
Goal for 2009: Feel more confident in my skin
Starting weight: 294 lbs
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
When I got rejected from a club in NYC and all of my friends walked right into VIP.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
Its not magic. There is only hard work and dedication that makes it happen.
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Not being able to speak to anyone at home. Also adjusting to when close friends get eliminated from the show.
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
Laura believes in me and knowing that helps me to stay focused. She is always there with a shoulder to lean on. There doesn’t have to be words with us; its all in her actions.
6. What is your favorite workout?
I love running.
7. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
Jillian : “You have to do this for yourself.”
8. What is your favorite meal or snack?
9. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
We have crazy spin classes.
10. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
Dance parties and just being in company of the cast staying up late or all night talking.