Photo Credit: Trago/FilmMagic
Some celebrities pretend not to be bothered by mean rumors -- but 17-year-old Miley Cyrus isn't playing that game. Cyrus hopped onto her YouTube channel on Tuesday night to clear up some of the gossip that's been hounding her lately. Watch the video here:
If you don't have ten minutes to devote to Cyrus, here are the five rumors that the singer/actress shoots down, along with her commentary:
1. She's not engaged.
"First of all, I'm 17 -- ridiculous! And second of all -- I've got so much work I've got to get done, so much I want to do -- there's no way!"
2. She's not living with a boyfriend.
"I think that's a rumor that's been going on since I got my first boyfriend, ever... It's like, no. I live at home. I'm now sitting in my mom's shoe closet.. No one's here with us, just my family."
3. She doesn't want a boob job.
"No, I don't want a boob job."
4. She wasn't stopped by the police for talking on her cell phone while driving. In fact, she was on her cell phone because paparazzi were harassing her, and she called the cops to get them off her tail.
"I called the cops to get away from the paparazzi, and they paparazzi'd that! So really, I can't win."
5. She's not miserable or broken-hearted; she just hates having her picture taken by paparazzi.
"I know there's some people who maybe like that attention, but I'm not one of them...I'm being followed around by men I don't know! For anyone else, that would be considered stalking."
It seems a little risky for a celeb like Cyrus to address rumors via webcam; doesn't that just provide more grist for the gossip mill? On the other hand, Miley has a long-standing YouTube relationship with her fans, dating back to her Hannah Montana days. For her entire teenage life, she's been uploading videos for anyone who wants to see them. Why should she stop now?
Most celebs who want to clear up rumors choose to do so via Twitter (perhaps thinking that the less said, the better). But there are others who've taken the YouTube route -- like Scrubs star Zach Braff, who posted this very funny video in October to prove that he hadn't died of a drug overdose.
Do you think celebrities should make YouTube videos to clear up rumors? Chime in below!
Like This? Read These:
- Are Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth Back Together?
- Much Ado About Nothing? Miley Cyrus Partying in Paris
- Justin Bieber: Hopelessly Devoted to a Grease Remake (with Miley Cyrus!)