Photo Credit: Instagram.com
As Jimmy Kimmel awkwardly pointed out in a pre-Oscars skit, awards shows are like catnip for Internet users, and the Academy Awards are the granddaddy of them all.
Wardrobe commentary, celebrity tweets, Ellen's now record-breaking selfie:
There's a lot of online content to be enjoyed, and in case you were more concerned with paying attention to which movies won awards (who does that?), here's a recap of the most important viral moments from last night's ceremony.
1. Benedict Cumberbatch photobombing U2
Oh hey U2, are you one of the biggest rock bands in the world and currently nominated for Academy Award for best original song? Sherlock doesn't care. He just lives in the moment.
2. Ellen is #Blessed
If you did happen to watch the show you may have noticed lots of jokes from Ellen about tweeting during the show. It's important to note: they were not jokes. As evidenced by this hilarious, blurry selfie Ellen was more than happy to share her hosting experience with her many, many followers.
3.) Adela Dazeem has a Twitter account now
THANK YOU, JORN TROMOLTO!— Adela Dazeem (@AdelaDazeem) March 3, 2014
Following an awkward moment in which John Travolta introduced singer and actress Idina Menzel as "Adela Dazeem," the Internet sprung to action to create an account for the mysterious singer Adela because in this day and age your mistakes follow you forever.
4. Pharrell getting his hair trimmed pre-ceremony
This, despite the fact his head would be covered up by his now infamous hat.
5. Academy Award winners Matthew McConaughey and Jared leto giving Ellen a run for her money when it comes to best selfie of the night
How does so much pretty fit into one picture?
6. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emma Watson continuing to be perfect humans
Or, at the very least, it seems like they would be fun to hang out with
7. Jennifer Lawrence using McConaughey as a prop after the ceremony
8. Lupita Nyong'o posing with Samuel L. Jackson and Giancarlo Esposito to form this amazing candid photo
PLEASE hang out with us Lupita. Please?
9. And, perhaps most important of all, James Franco's buger-eating, Oscar-watching selfie
And to think James, you were "hosting" this show only a few years ago...