Photo Credit: FilmMagic; Getty Images; WireImage
This Sunday, the MTV Movie Awards (9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT) will air for the 21st time. This spicy, irreverent show isn't exactly the Oscars -- its trophy is a statue of popcorn, people -- but it's one of MTV's most enjoyable (and most watched) events. This year, The Hunger Games and Bridesmaids will battle it out for the most trophies. (Each scored eight nominations.) Here are six reasons we can't wait for Sunday...
1. Comedian Russell Brand (a live wire in human form) is hosting this year's festivities. Asked by Good Morning America's Cameron Mathison whether he was warned to hold back on his patented edgy humor, he replied that the producers never censor his jokes beforehand. "They always go, 'Say what you want, say what you want,'" he said. "And then afterwards, I get a load of death threats and they go, 'You shouldn’t have said that.'"
2. This awards show may not be the most dignified on TV, but it always attracts the biggest stars of the moment. In this clip, MTV News' Jim Cantiello points out the seating chart, including spots for Kristen Stewart, Magic Mike's Channing Tatum and The Hunger Games' Josh Hutcherson.
3. The 2012 Movie Awards features a hilarious new category called Best On-Screen Dirtbag, with a nominee pool that includes Jon Hamm's womanizing sleaze ball from Bridesmaids, Bryce Dallas Howard's racist homemake from The Help, and Jennifer Aniston and Colin Farrell's horrible bosses from, um, Horrible Bosses.
4. French DJ Martin Solveig will serve as house DJ spinning and mixing movie music from Jaws, Star Wars and Pulp Fiction. (Admit it, you've always wanted to hear the dance remix of the "Imperial Theme" from Star Wars.)
5. Johnny Depp will be receiving the MTV Generation Award for his "exceptional contributions to the film industry and for entertaining generations of the MTV audience throughout his illustrious career." And The Black Keys are so excited that they're even going to perform their single "Gold on the Celing" in Johnny's honor.