Photo Credit: Photo Courtesy of Banana Republic and Nordstrom
These are not the cargo pants of the '90s. They're not baggy, utilitarian or frumpy. And, you can dress up these slim pairs with fancy pumps and sandals.
These skinny cargos are all the rage with J Brand's Houligan pants in the lead. Bloomingdale's has sold thousands and has more on order. Those waiting to buy them even offered to pre-pay as a guarantee. Barneys New York also ordered 1,000 pairs to satisfy their anxious customers. There's even a waiting list for them!
So what makes them so special? "They are very flattering," says Cathy Horyn, who wrote a New York Times article devoted to the pants.
The only snag: J Brand's Houlihan cargos will set you back $230! I don't know about you, but I've never spent over $100 on cargo pants, and I don't plan to. So, I went on a hunt and unearthed three more affordable pairs (pictured above) that are just as slim, chic and flattering:
- Heritage Silk Cargo Pant (on sale for $44.99 at BananaRepublic.com)
- Sanctuary Freestyle Crop Cotton Poplin Pants ($78 at Nordstrom.com)
- Heritage Slim Cargo Pant (on sale for $29.99 at BananaRepublic.com)
You can wear any of these with frilly tops and sandals for daytime, then switch to heels and add fashion jewelry for night.
• Steal the 'Sex and the City 2' style for less
• The perfect jeans for pear-shaped bodies
• The sweetest sandals of the season